COMMUNITY LIVING ARRANGEMENTS
The Arc of Warren County has provided residential services for adult men and women with intellectual and developmental disabilities since opening our first group home in 1982. Currently we serve 81 individuals in 15 group homes and two supervised apartment programs throughout Warren County.
The focus of all of our programs is to teach each individual to function in the most independent manner possible while learning and maintaining appropriate community social skills. To this end, each individual assists in the development of their annual Individual Habilitation Plan, which includes goals and objectives focused on teaching them the skills they want to learn, in areas that may include recreation, social opportunities, personal care, cooking, and housekeeping.
Our group homes provide 24-hour supervision by highly trained staff members. They vary in number from two to six individuals, depending on the home. Each resident is encouraged to be as independent as possible, but with the constant support and supervision of staff.
Our supervised apartments offer a more independent setting. Each apartment houses two to three individuals. Staff supervision and guidance are provided as needed. These individuals are also taught specific skills, but the instruction is geared toward helping the individuals to reach a greater level of independence.
All of our community-based residential programs rely upon an extensive support system, including two full-time Nurses, two Behavior Specialists, a Quality Assurance Department and eight Program Coordinators overseeing the management of the residential programs. We also offer two specialized day programs which serve several of our individuals.
Community Living Arrangements currently has four residential vacancies. They are as follows:
* Alpha Group Home – One single bedroom vacancy for a non-ambulatory male or female and one single bedroom for an ambulatory male or female.
* Hampton Terrace Group Home – One single bedroom for a female with Prader Willi Syndrome. Must be ambulatory.
* Oxford Group Home – One shared bedroom vacancy for an ambulatory female.
* Port Murray Group Home – One shared bedroom vacancy for an ambulatory female.
* Washington Supervised Apartments – One shared bedroom vacancy for an ambulatory male.